2014/07/21 08:00:00 PM Meeting on "The DNA Lives On"
To Do Items
- Slides for ASBH "The DNA Lives On" (Due: 2 August 2014)2014/07/21 08:00:00 PM Meeting on "The DNA Lives On"#ToDo_Entry_with_Slides_for_ASBH_"The_DNA_Lives_On"
|Date and Time of Meeting||2014/07/21 08:00:00 PM|
|Brief Meeting Summary||Meeting on "The DNA Lives On"|
|Project(s) Discussed||The DNA Lives On|
- Saving questions to the end
- 10 minutes, with no questions until the end except for 5 minutes after Joann's for technical questions
- Joann - overview on genetic testing
- Doris - focus on decision about testing at end of life
- Can draw on ethnographic interviews with patients who have had genetic testing
- Has vignette videos showing issues
- Marina - focus on what happens after testing decisions - including results coming back after death
- Patient had a genetic test, and was deceased by the time the result came back
- Tumor testing - was found to have BRCA alteration - mosaic in germline for this mutation
- Kyle - ethical, societal, and policy issues