Documentation for Brothersbrothers.net Wiki Set-Up
- Installed Mediawiki itself from Git. Assumedly can update by running the same Git command.
- Installed a number of extensions with Composer. The file with these commands is composer.local.json
- It seems important for Composer to be installed (so it will run globally), since it seems Mediawiki uses it to install some of its PHP dependencies.
- Extensions installed via Composer can be updated by changing the version numbers in the composer.local.json file and then re-running composer on that file.
- Other extensions were installed by unzipping installation files into the extensions folder. Most of these tarballed files are in the mediawiki folder.
- LocalSettings required some revisions, including especially the way newer extensions are invoked
- A critical point is that Semantic Mediawiki has its own unique command for being invoked
- Chameleon skin
- requires Bootstrap plugin as well.
- There is a commented-out set of commands in LocalSettings for using LESS files to mod the wiki theme. I tried a few but didn't love any of them. The theme LESS files are still in the mediawiki folder